Video Game Room
Have downtime between panels or viewing room shows? Need to
take a break from shopping? Come join us in our video game
room! The video game room will provide a multitude of games
from across different genres and systems for all* to play.
This area is staffed at all times to uphold rules and
provide assistance to guests. Rules can be found at the
end of the section.
*Please note that to utilize equipment, you must have an ID.
- You have 30 minutes before each tournament starts to register
- Tournament registration is located in the video game room (Capitol)
||Tekken Tag Tournament 2
||Mario Kart 8
||Super Smash (Wii U)
- All players must agree to pause before pausing the game.
- No unsportsmanlike conduct.
- The winner is the one who appears on the win screen.
- Tournament staff reserves the right to ban characters, stages, or gameplay features.
- Control schemes may be changed before a round.
Video Game Room Rules
- You must have an ID (not your convention badge) to utilize equipment.
Guests must also sign out the game(s) that they will be using.
- This is limited to one game at a time
- Misuse/Mishandling of equipment will result in ejection from the room.
- Report any damaged items or technical difficulties to a staff member.
- Theft will result in ejection from the convention and involvement of the police.
- Do not attempt to get any equipment or games yourself, please ask a staff member to do so.
- All players must agree before pausing the game.
- Inappropriate behavior including unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated. Physical and verbal abuse can result in ejection from the video game Room.
- You must sign up for the tournament(s) you wish to participate in at the video game Room Desk.
- Registration for each tournament will end thirty minutes before they begin, or when slots are filled, whichever happens first.
All tournaments will be done in a typical bracketed fashion.
- A "match" will consist of 2-4 players, depending on the game, with the winner(s) moving on.
- A "round" is a series of matches where the players have the same win count, except where seeding is applied, and no one player plays more than once.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated. Unnecessary verbal and physical abuse can warrant disqualification from the tournament.
- Pausing must be announced in advance and agreed to by the other player(s)
- Any ties will be resolved in a "Sudden Death" match
- The game determines the winner with the win screen.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to ban “boss” characters from use if they choose to
- Please be present in the game room during your tournament’s designated time. Names will be called as each match begins. Players have 30 seconds to make their presence known; else they will forfeit their chance at participating. If a player is not available, but someone can vouch for him/her, the current match will be moved to the end of the round. If either player is not present at the second attempt, he/she will forfeit
- Control schemes may be changed on a match-by-match basis